After having an abundance of cooked pumpkin after over purchasing on a couple of organic pie pumpkins I decided to make some pumpkin bread, here is the recipe I have had great success with.
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin plus 1 cup or water or 16 oz can of canned pumpkin plus 1.25 cups water
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, water, oil and pumpkin.
- Slowly at wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Pour into two lightly greased and floured bread loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and test if done by inserting a knife into the middle of the loaf and when it comes out clean it is done.
- Let cool for 30 minutes, top with aluminum foil and place into your refrigerator and let cool overnight.